Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rare Pictures of SUP world champion





Well its been a while since I've posted anything on the blog. In order to get the creative juices flowing again I took a much needed hiatus. It seems that in the last 5 months the title of my blog has become a bit outdated. While it is outdated, the premise behind it is still very much applicable. My writing a blog was about as ridiculous as 3 bucks a gallon. I have a blog and gas is 5 bucks a gallon - go figure.

The reason for my return is that I have recently acquired some very interesting photographs. It seems that stand up paddleboarding (SUP) has taken off, and that most my friends either own a board or are going to purchase one soon. It is all the rage. It turns out that about two months ago the SUP pioneer and current world champion was spotted in Jalama practicing his art. It is very rare to get pictures of him SUPing as he is very elusive and has been in hiding since his victory at the 2007 SUP world championships. Some say he went crazy when he was thrust into the media spotlight, others say he failed to pay taxes on all his endorsement deals and was hiding from the French government. Whatever the reason, I think these pictures show that Kieth (he only uses his first name) still has his mad SUP skills and is ready to defend his title.

No comments: